Friday, October 5, 2012

In Remembrance

In Remembrance

I just love the colors of autumn. The reds, yellows and sometimes oranges. It brings about a memory that things are changing. The time of year is changing from the heat of summer to the bitter cold of winter. To lay on the lawn around such leaves as they lay on the ground is a miraculous thing. To build a big pile of leaves then jump in them, hear them crunch under the weight of my body. Swim around in them until I came away almost looking like a tree myself, since I had so many leaves clinging to me. I remember playing football with friends during this time of year. Going for long walks because it was cooler and enjoying nature before she took that plunge into darkness we know as old man winter. Before the snow starts to fall. Yes, there are even some opportune times to do some fishing yet this time of year. It all seems so wonderful, yet I know in my heart of hearts it won't last very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment