Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ah Memories


I remember a lot of things about Christmas. Spending the time with family, eating turkey, ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, and a salad,and well one of my not so favorites oyster stew. YUCK. Then there was the smell of all that good food, not to mention the pies that smelled ever so sweet to my nose. The smell of the Douglas Fur in the living room all lit up with different colored Christmas lights. The opening of presents, of watching my second cousins as they saw what they'd gotten. The surprised look on their faces. As years passed though, Christmas meant a little less to me. I was getting older, too old for toys anymore. So Christmas like birthdays I would get only clothes anymore. But I still cherished spending the time with family and still do. MERRY CHRISTMAS all and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment