Monday, December 3, 2012

Ah Memories


I have a lot of fond memories of winters past. Snow so deep I jumped off a carport into a mound of fluffy snow almost high as the bottom of the rooftop. The wind drifted the light fluffy snow, carried it and then let it settle so it looked like a sand dune made of snow. I remember snowball fights with friends. And of course building a snowman. Trying to make the most perfect one on the block. I also remember the times when I was fourteen and went hunting pheasant with my dad. The snow was so deep it came all the way to my hips, of course then I was a lot shorter. The experience left me with went pant legs, and even though I wore thermo underwear beneath my legs were still cold. And even though I wore thermo socks, my feet still became wet, when the snow fell inside my boot. But these are all good memories I wouldn't exchange for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment